**I am currently on maternity leave. Online workshops are still available to purchase during this time, downloadable links will be sent out on Fridays & email support will be a little less during this time. I rarely have to help with any technical issues, but please do email if you have any & I will try to help as quickly as I can. If you do have a technical issue, please try re-downloading ALL the files and opening again.**
Learn how to make patterned colour work with more than two colours in one row and no floats on the back! Intarsia is a fantastic technique, giving you complete freedom to “draw” on your knit, creating motifs, text, landscapes or abstract shapes.
Suitable for machine knitters that have completed a beginner machine knitting workshop (either with me, you can buy recordings of past workshops here or equivalent with someone else).
The workshop is a recording of a previous live session- lecture style, sent as a download. Using pre-recorded videos I teach the techniques & show samples of fabrics as well as answering any questions via email. You will receive both the recording of the session & the pre-recorded video as well as written notes & tips and a pattern.
What we’ll cover:
- Intarsia carriage & how to use it
- Instructions & demo knitting an intarsia swatch & how to finish it afterwards
- Templates for several simple intarsia patterns
- We’ll talk about different types of intarsia used in garments
- Colour theory & inspiration.
- How to create the templates for intarsia designs, using special knit grid paper
- A few samples showing different ways to use intarsia, including different yarns.
- Written notes to refer to afterwards
You will need an intarsia carriage for your machine. Some machine models have intarsia built into the carriage, if you’re not sure with the model you have please get in touch.
The idea is that the online workshop provides all the information that you can work through at your own pace.
Running time approx 1.5 hours
I teach on a Brother KH890 & intarsia carriage KA-8210.
As always, if you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact me : email@example.com
Please use a working email address to receive information prior to the workshop & the digital files afterwards.