Suitable for beginners, those looking to refresh their skills, or wanting a different perspective of basic techniques, this online workshop will give you a firm understanding of the basics in machine knitting. With a focus on experimentation and play, I show you how to use simple techniques & different combinations of yarns to create a huge range of interesting textures & patterns, whilst covering all the basics. I share my thought processes when designing fabrics and ideas for combining yarns and techniques to create new fabrics.
The workshop is a recording of a previous live session- lecture style, sent as a download. Using pre-recorded videos I teach the techniques & show samples of fabrics as well as answering any questions via email. You will receive both the recording of the session & the pre-recorded videos as well as written notes. This workshop is what I would usually teach in person over two days for £200, so this represents excellent value for money.
During this workshop you will learn a variety of techniques such as;
- casting on/off
- colour changing (striping)
- lace holes & ladders
- manual tucks for texture
- punchcards for pattern- fairisle, weaving, hold, slip & tucking
- increasing & decreasing
- combining different yarns
- You will also learn how to solve and avoid common problems, useful tips for steaming & making tension squares.
I have a large range of samples to show & talk through how some of them were done, as well as other examples of fashion knitwear. I also share my favourite yarn suppliers & other helpful links.
What you get…
- a recording of a live Zoom workshop, with inspiration for each technique, video with commentary & lots of examples of each technique through fabrics.
- the individual pre-recorded videos with commentary to work through at your own pace
- written instructions
- future support via email for any questions related to the videos
The idea is that the online workshop provides a lot of information & inspiration that you can work through at your own pace.
Running time approx 1.5-2 hours.
I teach on a Brother KH890 machine, but almost all of the techniques are transferable to most machines including knitmasters & silvereeds. If you’re not sure if your machine will work then please get in touch.
I’m so excited to show you what these machines can do!
As always, if you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact me : email@example.com
Please use a working email address to receive information & the digital files.