Do you take commissions?
Yes I do- depending on what you would like to order, the cost will vary. If for instance you would like an existing design in a colour that I do not have in stock, there may be a surplus charge for the excess of yarn needed to be ordered. If you would like a different combination colour Joan, in all in stock colours there would be no extra cost. See below for return policies for bespoke orders.
I am able to source lambswool in over 100 colours, I often blend different colours together to create unique combinations. Please drop me an email with any questions.
I also take commissions for new designs, I have recently made a women’s jumper based on a customers previous loved one, and men’s jumpers.
What fibres do you work with?
I’m a big advocate for working with natural fibres, so you won’t find polyesters or acrylics here (both of these yarns are essentially plastic). I mostly work with lambswool, but also love camel hair, cottons, silks & cashmere. The lambswool I use is merino which is spun & dyed in Yorkshire by a family run business.
Workshop terms and conditions
I reserve the right to cancel any workshop if there are not enough attendees booked on – we will ensure plenty of notice is given if this occurs.
If the attendee is late, the workshop will still finish on time. It is unlikely I will be able to run it over.
Where are the workshops held?
At the Bristol Textile Quarter, not far from Temple Meads/ City centre. I have a space and all the equipment.
Do I need to bring anything with me?
No, all yarns and machines are provided. If having a notebook with you helps by all means bring one along, but written notes will be sent after the workshop. Please bring your own lunch/buy lunch from nearby shops.
Terms, Conditions and Privacy
I gladly accept returns on most items. Please contact me within 14 days of delivery & dispatch the item back to me in saleable condition within 14 days. Please see returns for more information. Commissions, bespoke designs & some made to order pieces are exempt. I do accept cancellations or exchanges in some cases- please contact me if you have problems with your order as soon as possible.
- If you receive an item via our studio that you believe to be faulty, you must report the fault including a photo within 7 working days to email@example.com we reserve the right to refuse a refund on any items that we do not deem to be faulty.
The following items cannot be returned or exchanged. Because of the nature of these items, unless they arrive to you damaged or defective, I cannot accept returns for:
- Custom, bespoke or personalised orders/commissions.
- Online workshops, patterns
In person workshops– the price includes a 50% non refundable deposit. If you need to cancel your space and want to rebook the deposit may be transferrable if a date can be agreed by both parties. If you have cancelled and your space can be filled you will be refunded the full amount. Please get in touch as soon as possible if you need to cancel.
2.Collection of information and Privacy: How we use the information you provide
When you purchase something from our online store, as part of the buying and selling process, we collect the personal information you give us such as your name, address and email address. We use the information we collect to supply our services to you (for example, we will use your address to be able to fulfil your order). We may also use your contact details to communicate with you if there is a problem with the order. We will only send you promotional information in emails if you have opted in to your newsletter.
3. Subscribers If you subscribe to our online newsletters or enquiry forms we will collect your e-mail address and details in order to deliver the requested information to you.
4. Disclosure of your information All information we have about you is kept for Amber Hards knitwear use only as described in this policy and is never passed on to any other company, organisation or individual. All information is kept on the WordPress server and we have passwords to access it- we do not export it to any other system.
We do not store credit card details nor do we share customer details with any 3rd parties.
5. Children We do not allow persons who we know to be 13 or younger to become registered with Amber Hards and do not therefore knowingly solicit personal information from persons aged 13 or younger.
If you have an account and you log in to this site, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
7. General Your personal information will be held and used by us in accordance with UK data protection legislation. You have a right to access the personal information that is held about you. To obtain a copy of the personal information Amber Hards holds about you please email us firstname.lastname@example.org.
By ordering any item on the Amber Hards website or by email you agree to the above terms and conditions.
8. Klarna : In order to offer you Klarna’s payment methods, we might in the checkout pass your personal data in the form of contact and order details to Klarna, in order for Klarna to assess whether you qualify for their payment methods and to tailor those payment methods for you. Your personal data transferred is processed in line with .
If you would like to return your order and have paid with Klarna, the same conditions apply as with any other payment method. Please contact me within 7 days of receiving your purchase & follow the procedure listed below. Requests after this time may not be accepted for a refund.
9. Shipping customs duties and taxes
Post-Brexit changes for European customers (not incl. UK):
For European Union based customers (as well as those in the European single market countries of Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway and Switzerland) please be aware that there has been a significant change to importing from me as a result of Brexit, something .
Value Added Tax (aka VAT, sales tax or GST) and any other import duties will now be the sole responsibility of customers who we ship to in Europe. This is the same as it always has been for my customers based outside Europe. These charges will be collected by the courier before they deliver – they usually send an email with an online bill and payment link.
|COUNTRY||VAT RATE||EXAMPLE VAT CHARGE|
= £30.00 VAT
= £31.50 VAT
= £28.50 VAT
= £37.50 VAT
= £36.00 VAT
= £33.00 VAT
= £25.50 VAT
= £34.50 VAT
Please see the table above as a guide for what VAT charges you can expect if you are receiving your order in Europe. Please note that the figures in it are taken from the most up to date sources that we could find but we take no responsibility for any more recent changes made by destination countries. Additional ‘administrative’ import duties may also be charged in addition to VAT, Please check with your government for the most up to date VAT rate and customs duties information.