Suitable for beginners to the ribber or those looking to refresh their skills, this workshop will give you a firm understanding of the basics in machine rib knitting and more creative ways to create fabrics. It is essential that you have either completed a beginner machine knitting workshop (with me) or equivalent before attending this workshop. With a focus on experimentation and play, I will show you how to use simple techniques & different combinations of yarns to create a range of textures & patterns, and encourage you to think about using rib fabrics in more ways than just trims.
This workshop is a recording of a previous live session, lecture style. Using pre-recorded videos I teach the techniques & show samples of fabrics as well as answering any questions via email.
During this two session workshop you will learn a variety of techniques such as
- casting on/off
- variety of different ribs & layouts (1×1, 2×2, 5×5, full needle rib, English rib, fisherman’s rib)
- increasing & decreasing
- transferring stitches
- double bed jacquard & colour changer
- You will also learn how to solve and avoid common problems.
I will be sharing my favourite yarn suppliers & other helpful links.
What you get…
- a recording of a live Zoom workshop, with inspiration for each technique, video with commentary & lots of examples of each technique through fabrics.
- the individual pre-recorded videos with commentary to work through at your own pace
- written worksheets
- future support via email for any questions related to the videos
The idea is that the online workshop provides a lot of information & inspiration that you can work through at your own pace.
Running time for each video approx 1.5 hours.
I teach on a Brother KH890 & ribber KR850. Almost all of the techniques are transferable to most Brother machines, knitmaster & silver reed. Get in touch if you’re not sure whether your machine will work.
I’m so excited to show you what these machines can do!
As always, if you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact me : firstname.lastname@example.org
Please use a working email address to receive information prior to the workshop & the digital files afterwards.