For machine knitters with a few basics under their belt or for those with more experience, this signed book aims to inspire and spark new ideas whilst working with traditional methods. It offers plenty of inspiration and encourages you to explore and experiment with confidence to produce exciting, tactile knitwear. It showcases the limitless possibilities of fabrics achievable with domestic knitting machines and demonstrates a variety of techniques, such as using yarns with different properties, the functions of the carriage and machine, and various ways of applying texture to the fabric.
- Chapters are organised into seven different techniques, with step-by-step instructions and images detailing how each technique is created.
- Considers yarn types, functions of the carriage and hand manipulation whilst on the machine.
- Offers an insight to the professional design process and ideas for developing your own designs, and how to use your inspiration or starting point to inform design decisions.
- Provides tips for working with highly textured or 3D fabrics, from avoiding mistakes and dropped stitches to working out tension squares.
- Includes three full patterns, to practise working with the techniques on a larger scale.
Publisher: The Crowood Press
ISBN : 9780719842382
Dimensions: 18.9 x 1 x 24.6 cm
Would you like a dedication written along with the signature? Please add your text in the notes section at checkout.
“This is a truly inspiring book. Very detailed and full of new ideas. Can’t wait to start experimenting.”
“HIGHLY recommended !! Amber explains perfectly tutorials and is so thorough with yarn information and stitches, really great for inspiration to play around with new stitches and materials. I have many textile/ knitwear books and this is the most helpful I have found! 5 STARS”
“If you already know the basics to machine knitting, this book will amplify your techniques and samples into more textural and dimensional pieces. Inspirational and very well explained. A must have book for all machine knitters expanding their knowledge.”
“Such a treasure chest of techniques, ideas, inspiration to get you playing away on your machine! Not only incredibly informative but also just an absolute joy to read.
I can’t wait to do one of Amber’s workshops soon and learn from the master herself!
What a triumph!”
“Amazing book, really clear step by step photos and some really cool textured samples in there to learn from! The book itself is really nice quality paper with clear and vivid images. An exciting and modern addition to my machine knitting book collection, would fully recommend!”
Textured yarn packs to accompany the book are available for order here