Suitable for beginners in making garments, this jumper workshop will talk through all the techniques required to put together a crew neck jumper with drop sleeves using the knitting machine. It is essential that you have completed a beginner machine knitting workshop (either with me, you can buy recordings of past workshops here) or equivalent before beginning this workshop, you’ll need a basic understanding of machine knitting & shaping.
The workshop is a recording of a previous live session- lecture style, sent as a download. Using pre-recorded videos I teach the techniques & show samples of fabrics as well as answering any questions via email. You will receive both the recording of the session & the pre-recorded videos as well as written notes. Using pre-recorded videos I teach the knit method, construction, different ways of creating the shaping & calculations as well as answering any questions.
What we’ll cover:
- Tension swatches & knit maths & how to note them down into a pattern.
- Instructions for using the ribber for cuffs & using mock rib for machines without a ribber. (*You don’t need a ribber for this workshop)
- We’ll talk about different necklines & trims & knitting garments generally and how to apply the same processes.
- Instructions for knitting the jumper, partial knit (short row) shaping & simple shaping for the shoulder & neck. Step by step, breaking it all down
- Construction using the machine to link the pieces, the neck trim & another option with hand linking. Latch tool cast off. Beautiful joins & seams.
What you get…
- a recording of a live Zoom workshop, with knit & construction, knit maths, some inspirational pictures of different necklines, video with commentary and talking through the notes
- the individual pre-recorded videos with commentary to work through at your own pace
- written instructions
- future support via email for any questions related to the videos
The idea is that the online workshop provides a lot of information & inspiration that you can work through at your own pace..
Running time approx 2 hours per session. Two sessions total.
I will be teaching on a Brother KH890 & will have an extra option for a true rib trim with the ribber KR850. All of the techniques are transferable to most other knitting machines. Get in touch if you’re not sure whether your machine will work.
I’m really excited to show you how to create garments out of the wonderful fabrics you create! More workshops to come in the summer.
As always, if you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact me : firstname.lastname@example.org
Please use a working email address to receive information prior to the workshop & the digital files afterwards.